NVIDIA Studio accelerates Adobe Substance 3D Collection and more!
The Adobe Substance 3D collection of applications has been expanded to include new applications that are accelerated by NVIDIA RTX graphics.
– Substance 3D Stager, a new application for building, lighting and rendering photorealistic scenes. It allows artists to position and adjust objects in real-time. Interactive ray tracing, now accelerated on RTX GPUs, helps take the guesswork out of the equation.
– Substance 3D Modeler (private beta), available soon, will enable artists to create and combine 3D models at all stages of the creative process, be it concept art, sketches or prototypes. This application uses the cross-platform Vulkan API to access the power of RTX GPUs.
– Substance 3D Sampler (formerly known as Alchemist) converts physical samples and photos into high-quality, ready-to-use 3D materials, eliminating the need to create materials from scratch. Interactive ray tracing, RTX, allows artists to apply realistic wear and tear effects to materials in real time, something that is impossible using a CPU alone.
June Studio driver – new features and performance boost
The June Studio build of the NVIDIA driver is now available. Support has been added to the driver:
– Resizable BAR: improves performance on the GeForce RTX30 Series GPUs by allowing the CPU to access graphics memory more efficiently;
– Dynamic Boost 2.0 technology, which uses AI to optimally balance the CPU, GPU, and GPU memory on Ampere-based notebooks;
– support for virtualization on GeForce GPUs, allowing Linux host PC users to access the GPU from within their Windows virtual guest OS.
The June Studio build also provides improved performance and reliability for Adobe Substance 3D, NVIDIA Omniverse, NVIDIA Canvas Beta, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Lightroom, and more.
The latest RTX Studio laptops
The RTX Studio collection of creative notebooks has been expanded with new models.
Lenovo has unveiled three new NVIDIA Studio laptops for professionals, including the new ultra-thin ThinkPad P1 Gen 4, ThinkPad P15, and ThinkPad P17 Gen 2 – all with graphics processors up to RTX A5000 or GeForce RTX 3080.
Dell’s recently announced Studio laptops, including the XPS 15 and 17, Inspiron 15 and 16, Vostro 15, as well as the Precision 5560, 5760, 7560 and 7760 professional laptops, are now available to users.
The Acer ConceptD 300 desktop PC with RTX 3070 GPU and Concept 7 Ezel with PANTONE certified 4K UHD display with multiple display modes and support for RTX 3060, 3070 and 3080 GPUs are also available.
HP has launched the ZBook Studio G8 workstation, designed for a productive workflow. Smooth rendering, design, and multitasking support will be provided by graphics processors up to the NVIDIA RTX A5000 or GeForce RTX 3080 for notebooks. Lightweight, productive with a 100% DCI-P3 PANTONE® DreamColor display – all the work can now be done on the run.